Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer
Hampton EMO

What is EMO?

EMO stands for Emergency Measures Organization. The Emergency Operations Centre in Hampton operates during emergency situations only. 

EMO logo

Vulnerable Person Registry

Hampton’s Vulnerable Person Registry (VPR) service is a free, voluntary and confidential service aimed at improving the safety of residents living at home who are at a greater risk during emergency events, including individuals with difficulties related to mobility issues, vision, hearing, cognitive abilities or mental health. To register for the VPR click the button below, or if you are unable to register online, please contact the Town Office at 506-832-6065 for assistance.

Flood Preparation

In the event of flooding, the Town of Hampton will communicate with residents by mainstream and social media. You can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates. You can learn more about what to do before a flood to reduce the likelihood of flood damage here.

In case of emergency please call 9-1-1. When notifying emergency services of your location, provide state the
municipality, exact street or civic address, and nearest intersection.

If you need non-emergency assistance, call the Town of Hampton at 506-832-6065 and they can help direct your call. After hours answering service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

If required, sandbagging stations will be set-up in the Dutch Point Park parking lot and at the Town Public Works Department at 89 Logie Drive. Find instructions on Sandbag Dike Construction here.

Residents who are self-evacuating are asked to register with the Canadian Red Cross at 1-800-222-9597. They will also provide assistance to residents who are affected by flood water and do not have access to alternative accommodations.

POLICE DEPARTMENT New Brunswick RCMP: 1-888-506-RCMP (7267)

FIRE DEPARTMENT Hampton Fire-Rescue: 506-832-6094



ROAD REPORTS 511 within NB 1-800-561-4063 calling from outside of NB

NEW BRUNSWICK EMO 1-800-561-4034

People react differently to stressful events. If in crisis, there are several 24-hour emergency numbers available to help, including CHIMO helpline (1-800-667-5005); Tele-Care (811); and Kids Help Phone (1-800-668-6868).

If residents see water encroaching on their property and are concerned about potential power outages, or if they wish to have their power disconnected before flooding occurs, contact NB Power:1-800-663-6272.
People are advised to be cautious when pumping water out of their basements. Pumping it out too soon could cause structural damage or collapse the basement. As a safety precaution, basement water levels should not be more than 30 centimetres (one foot) lower than the outside water level.